A few years ago, my friend Alexis in San Francisco visited Europe. She asked what I’d like her to bring me. I said “Bring me the tackiest fridge magnet in the EU!”. She brought me this from Amsterdam:
It’s still the tackiest thing on my fridge.
Lately, I’ve been thinking about swaps, and had so much fun participating in KnitSonya’s Handmade Mushroom Swap, that I’ve decided to host my first swap.
Rules of the Tacky Handmade Fridge Magnet Swap:
1. Each participant must make 5 fridge magnets, roughly identical. Each magneteer will receive 5 random magnets!
2. Magnets should be TACKY. Not merely lame like this one on my fridge:
Nor merely dorky like this one of me on the Santa Monica roller coaster in 2004 (back row):
2. BUT, Magnets shouldn’t be obscene. My piggy might push some people’s limits of acceptable fridge decor, but she’s ok by me. Please just use your best judgment on the line between tacky and inappropriate.
3. Magnets must be handmade. The medium and size is up to you as long as they fit criterion 4:
4. Magnets must be functional (i.e., must hold up at least one photo or child’s drawing and must not be so heavy as to slide down the fridge)
5. Magnets must be mailed to me, postmarked by April 15 (tax day!) and you must enclose a priority mail stamp or appropriate postage to have your surprise magnets sent to you.
Email me if you’re interested! And, pass it on…We need at least 6 participants!